In the mid-90s, a small group of Jewish people gathered with the intention of praying and celebrating Shabbot and Jewish holidays together.
After praying together on several occasions, the participants chose the name Beit Chaverim, Jewish Congregation of Southern Utah. Rise Bausch became the lay leader and the story of our Jewish Community began.
In the early years, the congregation met in various places…the Episcopal Church, members’ homes, the Learning Centers for Families and even held one of the early Chanukah parties at the vacant store front at the Zion Factory Mall. In spring and summer (weather permiting) services were held outdoors.
In 2007, one of the congregants was introduced to the pastor of the Good Shepherd Presbyterian Church. Conversations between the pastor and our lay leader led to the Church offering the use of their Education Buliding and this became our new home and current home.
We have Pot Luck Dinners throughout the year including holiday Celebrations.
Beit Chaverim has achieved many milestones during the past 20+ years which include:
● Affilation with the United Jewish Federation of Utah.
● A member of the Inter-faith Council of Saint George.
● We help support the Childern’s Justice Center.
● We are part of the Saint George Community, participating in the New Year’s Day Annual Event
“Prayer over the City”.
● A Torah as donated and an Ark was built.
● Rabbi Helene Ainbinder joined the Beit Chaverim community as volunteer Rabbi in 2013.
Our Shabbat services are conducted by Rabbi Helene Ainbinder and/or congregants.
Shabbat services are held on the 2nd Friday of the month at:
Good Shepherd Presbyterian Church
611 N 2450 E, Saint George
Services begain at 7:00pm
Beit Chaverim looks foward to welcoming you to our growing Jewish Community.
Download our Brochure
For futher information, please call the
Beit Chaverim Secretary